Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Doesn't time fly?

I have just realised that it has been a week since I placed an entry in this log.

This last week, as you can probably guess, has been quiet and somewhat uneventful. Even the slow and steady build up to Christmas seems to have mainly gone by without a whimper

Yesterday, on my day off, myself and my wife went "Christmas Shopping". With it being early in the month, I had just worked out the bills - so , for once, we knew what money we had to play with.

But as we went round, and even brought some new "bangles and baubles" for the Christmas tree (when we get it the damn thing put up), but still - "It doesn't feel like Christmas".

I don't know why I feel like this - at work we were having a discussion on the fact that a lot of people feel "fed-up" at the minute. I may have something to do with the fact that if we have more than 3 days without getting wet, we think Summers come back.

Every year, it gets a little more difficult to get into the "Christmas Spirit". I don't know why?.

Is it the older you get, the more "Scrooge" like you get - I hope not.Come Christmas Eve, I know that we will go to the Children's Christmas Service at the local Church - my little girl loves it (and so does my near teenage son). I look forward to the look on their faces on Christmas Morning (especially that of the trainee cynic that is my son). But at the minute !!! - it just feels like any other day.

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...