Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Can you really clog up and electronic filing System?

Can you really clog up and electronic filing System?

I think that I might just have done that. For quite a few years now I have had an account with a site/app called Evernote. As a data collection”tool” it works pretty well for me. Am information you find can be selected, highlighted and copied to a note in a notebook.
And a notebook with its own name.
Brilliant.
And then I found that you could have a Clipping “attachment” that you could add to both Chrome and Safari browsers.
Data collection has now gone from “once in a while” to “clip this”. “Clip that”
On and on.
Not just once in a while, but four, five, TEN times a visit.
Multiple information sources, saved to one location. And all at your finger tips.
First thing I only realised after a few months of this.
Even though I had created quite a few note books, I hadn’t realised that I would have to steer my notes in the right way. So I had 10+ notebooks in use, but 9 without any information in them at all. And then one or two electronic notebooks absolutely chocked full of mixed up, un-complied snippets.
But, worse than that was the fact that I was saving information multiples.
That is I would find the same information time and time again.
And then save it - AGAIN!
Pointless ...

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...