Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, February 26, 2006

So much for that plan .....

As I sit here, glancing out of our front room window on my left, into a somewhat bright and clear late winters morning, you may have already seen in my web posting from yesterday,that I WAS (and note the term “was” has been emphasised) going to post what has happened to all of us, here, at Chez Smudger.

That “original” plan lasted just over 24hours. 


As you will possibly see from the date and time indices (and it will, of course vary on which of my Blog Sites you are viewing this from – but more of that later), that the latest entry is actually 24 hours “LATE”.

The entry is being placed on Sunday Morning, and with very good reason.

As many of you will be aware,I have been having few “issues” with my Right Elbow.

And, up until now, it had been more of an inconvenience than anything else.That was until yesterday morning. Saturday Morning, like Wednesday night, are Archery Practise sessions. I did, this week, miss out the Wednesday session because of the twin ills of the dodgy elbow and the lumpy left shoulder, as the elbow normally didn’t effect anything on its own – Archery wise least ways.

Yesterday morning, all felt well, so we started out (or at least the awake members of the family –  – Liam being still in bed and Cathy getting ready to take to Car for work as myself and Laura came back in through the door) 


Archery

We have been going to Archery sessions for over 18 months now. We have suffered all weathers, but we have always gone. Well, nearly always. I played safe on Wednesday’s session, having the additional encumbrance of having damaged my left shoulder, but was not expecting any problems on the Saturday morning session.

I should have known better.

20 Minutes is all I lasted – and it was the elbow that did it.

A new, frightening sensation spread through my lower arm and hand. 

A sensation akin to a creeping heat – the feeling of something “burning”. 

So I stopped.

That sensation took somewhat longer to stop, and my center three fingers of my right hand are still numb.

To take the strain off my hand this posting has been built up over several sessions, and , eventually there will be a conclusion – but that may take some time.


Park Tigers U15 Football Match – Sunday 26th Feb 2006

Man of the match – Liam ( Our Liam that is    )

Gunness 10 – Park Tigers 2

The lads were taking on, for the second time this season, the Gunness U15’s.

And they were destroyed, hammered. Earlier in the year they had got a 4 – 4 draw, but today?

The weather was dark and bitter. The air temperature was exceptionally cold and bitter. The field was very muddy and slippery.

The basic point of it was, though, that the Tigers were just plain awful. There was no heart, no commitment. Out of a team of 11, there were only 3 or 4 people making any effort at all. If it hadn’t been for our Liam, Callum, Andy and Jake the potential end score would not even be worth thinking about.

This has to have been the very worse we, as parents, had seen the lads play in a very very long time. There is really nothing more for me to say.

Chris – the manager – however had plenty to say, the heavy silence and absence of dissenting voices (bar one) said it all. I think they all knew that they had made a complete hash of this game.

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...