Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday, November 08, 2003

The Great Escape????????


The Great Escape ...................


Hi Guys


just a quick entry this week, and with all the work I have to do today, it's probably just as well.


As some of you will know, over the last few months we have lost a few of our pets. Well we have replaced the hamsters, with 2 roboroski Dwarf hamsters, and a Chinese Dwarf Hamster, lovely little things.


Well, as you can imagine, the Kids were round them, talking to them, saying hello, you know the things that kids do.


Fast forward three days. It's 6 a.m. in the morning, and I am getting ready for work, and feeding the animals at the same time. Lucy, the Guinea Pig, is squeaking as usual - "Squeak, Squeak" (which translates into to "feed me NOW"), Mork and Mindy (the two roboroski's) can be seen "hiding" in thier bedding. "Uncle" - the Chinese, is not obviously about, but that is not un-usual, in the last few days it has become very good at getting out of the way when "Humans" are about.


As I stood at the sink, I could see something move, on the floor, out of the corner of my eye.


What was that?


My first thought was - " Oh Sod - have we got Mice?"


The Black strip down the back was a give away - as was the empty cage.



The little devil had escaped.


I looked at it, it looked at me, and then vanished, under the Washing Machine.


We blocked the Utilities room so, at least we knew where the little devil was - roughly.


Fast forward to tea time.


Imagine a sceen from the "Keystone Kops". Four, normally sensible people, chasing a small mamal.


God was it fast.


Calls of "try this", "do that". "will you stop doing that and do that".


It took two hours to catch, and then "Uncle" "gave its self up, mainly because it fancied a peanut.


What a day!!!!!!!!!


God Bless

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...