Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

'AOL Journals' To Bring Blogs To Millions "The "blogosphere" may never be the same after America Online releases free blog-publishing software to its 34 million members this summer." (patrickv)

 


Bloggers take on politicians Bloggers are going to parliament to encourage more MPs to share their interest and passions on the web.



 

 

I have two bits from the Newz crawler collection of useless facts and worldwide trivia this evening - I'm I getting cyncial or what?.

 

Apologies that they are a day or two late, life got in the way I'm afraid.

 

I'll deal with the second first if I may!. I think this is very good move, as, a passionate Blogger myself , the more people that know about one of my fav hobbies, the better. And I'm also in favour of letting the "Highier Up's" know what us "proles" get up to in our spare time. They'll learn what a bunch of nice people us bloggers' are.  We are witty, clever, insightful. We tell things as they are, as we see them.

 

The whole world is out there, and that world is portrayed in a million blogs.

 

Now the First report. I have to admit, I didn't know that AOL did not run any propritary form of blog themselves, they seem to take control of everything else (my opinion - I tried AOL a while ago and found it too "controlled", too closeting for my tastes). But could you imagine what would happen if there are 34 MILLION new bloggers in one go. Where would you look first?

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...