Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, June 08, 2003

Just a quick Entry!!

This is just a quick entry using my work laptop, not as easy a prospect as it has been set up to use the works system and not the general Internet, but there is always a way round.


Anyway, it's another two days before the computer man comes to repair the computer - it's been one of the few times I have been glad that we paid for an extended warranty, normally I'm not a big advocate of them - but we certainly have had our moneys worth out of the warranties for the computer and the washing machine.


It feels has though my right arm has been removed - I hadn't quite appreciated how much of my day involves the computer. How many transactions we carry out on the computer. How many bills and the like. How difficult it has now become to deal with some companies now the Internet has become a big part of the way a lot of companies do business.


Many thanks for the comments from my fellow Xanagians', it is reassuring to know that I'm am not the only person to have suffered so. I know, logically, you can not be the only person to affected by "this and that" - but when something does happen, you can't help feeling that EVERYTHING is happening to you, and you alone.


@@@@ ------ @@@ ------- @@@@


The sickness effecting Chez Smith is still here. Although Laura has got clear of "the coughs and colds", Liam still has a bad infection, and , to some extent, the medicine has made things worse. His illness progressed to severe lethargy and then sickness. It got that bad we had to take him back to Doctors. He "blamed" the antibiotics. I have encountered people who have had "the Runs" as it is put round here (diarrhea is a common side effect so I'm told), even an allergic rash (I've had that one) but Headache and sickness?. Anyway in the last few days he seems to have pulled through, only for me and "she who must be obeyed" (if Cathy ever see's this I'm dead meat - ) to go down with the same thing, as if I didn't have enough of infections at the minute.


In the next week I have to go and see the Occupational Health People at work because of the enforced time off I have with my Sinus's. I hope they can suggest something - it's beginning to really drive me down.


Hopefully I will be able to give a report from the proper computer later in the week. Hope to see you then

No comments:

musing at lunch

Here I'm sat quietly having lunch at work while realising that I really have so much "Internet Rubbish" There must be hundre...