Not much has happened this week. Work was pretty much static, in the fact that I have actually spent more than a couple of hours at the same place. The local Fire Station is being refurbished, and we have been asked to tidy up the main telephone feed. Not that difficult a job, as it turned out, but it took a while to sort out what was working and what was not.
http://www.roxydoll.com/~erin/quiz/quiz1.html
Me, paranoid, never. "What was that?"
"Who's there?"
"Help - everyone is out to get me"
I suppose, the man to thank for getting me back into drawing and painting is a lad I used to work with, a nice lad called Howard.
This was in, if I remember correctly, around 1982/83. I was still in training and was in the middle of the "Exchange Appreciation" Phase. At that point in time, Post Office Telephones (which was latter in 1984 to become BT) had a training system that "showed" the new boy most of the various work departments within BT, only at the end did the training intensify on a particular job skill. Howard is a slight, quiet man with a liking for Classical Music. I was doodling one day, when Howard asked what I was doing. Before long The story of School Art misery had been retold. It was Howard who then got me back "on board" as it were. He encouraged me to paint one of my first (and probably favorite) watercolours - My Eagles Head (If I get a chance I'll take a picture of it and post it - I had the thing framed and it's on the wall at the minute). And as the saying goes - " I have never looked back since. For that - I owe a big debt of thanks to Howard.
No comments:
Post a Comment